Contributors

Friday, December 23, 2011

Meatloaf My Way




Meatloaf My Way


2lb Ground Beef
1lb Sausage
1/2 lb Bacon
1 cup Oatmeal (I usually use the 3 minute)
1 cup finely ground bread crumbs
3 eggs
1 cup Cheese (I usually use pre-shredded 3 cheese blend)
1 small can of tomato paste
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder (Basically season to taste)
Ketchup


Set oven to pre-heat at 350 degrees.


Cut your bacon into pieces (I go about 1 inch), toss into a large mixing bowl.  Add in your ground beef and sausage and mix thoroughly.  You want your meats to be completely combined.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  By the time you're done mixing your ingredients should be able to hold it's shape.  


Place in a non-greased 13x9x2 pan, drizzle some ketchup over the top, (For me this is more about making it pretty and not flavor), and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. (For slightly crisper and more brown edges go to about 1 hour and 30 minutes.)


Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.  This makes about 12 servings.


I can usually get away with hiding my children's vegetables in this, puree green-beans and add to the mix.  The blend of flavors hides the taste of vegetables for picky eaters.  I also make this large batch so that I can be sure and have leftovers for my husbands lunches.  Any extra that you don't wish to cook immediately can be frozen. I like to make some of it into "hamburger patties" and freeze for grilling or just place it preformed into a large freezer bag.   Write the temp, time to cook on the bag and the husband can easily prepare this for himself and the kids when you're having a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers